Sr. Oracle DBA
Location: Fishkill – NY
Duration: Long Term contract
In person Interview must
send profiles to email@example.com
This position will be an integral member of the Infrastructure Database Engineering DBA team. This individual will be assigned to a critical project responsible for supporting projects execution in RAC DB environment . Project activities include the migration of Oracle databases from one sever to other, new databases build, migration, upgrade, performance tuning. This individual is tasked to ensure that DBA standards, methodology, process, tools, are adhered to by the project dbas and application teams. This individual will need extensive experience with Oracle DB install, upgrade & configuration, extensive knowledge of the dba utilities, applying database patches. The candidate must have strong core DBA skills and knowledge of the following: RMAN Backup & Recovery, Enterprise Manager (OEM) install and Grid control setup.
1. 10 years as a Database Administrator on Oracle databases in Unix environment
2. Knowledge on any one open source community databases like Postgresql , MySQL, MongoDB is required.
3. College degree a plus.
Top MUST HAVE technical skills:
1. Oracle RAC 12c on Unix environment. (Preferable on RHEL)
2. Thorough knowledge with Oracle Backup/Recovery with RMAN (Flashback a plus)
3. Proficient in Oracle utilities, installation, upgrade, patching, maintenance, security, sysadmin functions and administration.
4. Experience with Oracle RAC and strong knowledge of H/A concepts (including Data Guard)
5. Experience with multi-Terabyte dbms environments
6. Extensive performance tuning experience (i.e. AWR, OEM, etc).
7. Knowledge on performance tuning tools in OS.
Top daily responsibilities:
1. Installation of new database servers and supporting project daily adhoc tasks.
2. Patching with Oracle databases.
3. Implementation, configuration, and support of H/A technologies with Oracle RAC 12c .
4. Triage and Troubleshooting issues and supporting implementation testing.
5. Documenting and standardizing new components
6. Performance Tuning and statistical analysis of batch and online systems
7. Unix Scripting (shell, Perl) for maintenance, monitoring, and miscellaneous automation opportunities.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups " c2c jobs usa" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/c2cjobsusa.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.